2018: Planned Activity
About The Year Ahead:
Last year was about beginnings - I joined Byline and made the transition from retired police officer and whistleblower to full time writer and analyst. But mostly it was about fresh starts in the personal sense. This year is about growth, not least as I became the proud father of twin girls as 2017 ended, and brought them home as the new year began. This year is also about the last stand.
In 2018, your invaluable financial support will be funding a well-rounded body of work, from articles and investigations, to fiction screenplay development.
You can pledge your one-off or monthly support by scrolling down and clicking support her at Byline, or direct through PayPal by clicking this button:
About What You Are Supporting in 2018:
1) Short and long read articles covering a range of news topics and investigations will continue across the year, published here at Byline.
2) Script Development of Alternative War as a fiction work: an apocalyptic tale of a hybrid world war, the fall of society, fake news, and cyber attacks - all set against a disturbing international backdrop. The developed script will be published to supporters on the day of Yule 2018 and efforts to option the script with a studio will be made throughout the year.
The opus of 2018 will be a new, non-fiction book, The Last Stand Of A Goddess - a work exploring the key question What Is Truth And Why Does It Matter?
3) Due to the success of the work over the last twelve months, the work will also now include a number of events including at Universities, in Parliament, and at Conference fringes. Journalism simply doesn't stop with the articles themselves.
4) Following on from 2017, the work carried out will continue to include liaison with public officials and agencies, submitting evidence to inquiries and creating knowledge around defects in legislation and regulation which leave society open to exploit. A major campaign for 2018 will be for the introduction of a new Act of Parliament designed to prevent the infiltration and hacking of democracy.
5) Script Development of Forever Completely, an apocalyptic tale of world war, the fall of society, and witchcraft - all set in the somewhat unlikely landscape of coastal Cornwall. The developed script will be published to supporters on the day of Yule 2018 and efforts to option the script with a studio will be made throughout the year.
6) The opus of 2018 will be a new, non-fiction book, The Last Stand Of A Goddess - a work exploring the key question What Is Truth And Why Does It Matter?
Following the philosophy and legends of truth from ancient history to the present day, the book will explore the lessons of history and challenge our perceptions of the world around us. The book will feature in depth investigations into human psychology, technology, epistemology, warfare, celebrity, and journalism. A number of articles throughout the year will be released around the content of the book and the investigations which it is based upon.
The Last Stand Of A Goddess will be released in October 2018 in paperback, hardcover, and eBook. Supporters will receive signed paperbacks, signed hardcovers, or personalised eBooks.
This column is the home of one-off articles and in-depth investigations. By supporting this column, you supported crucial work such as the recent #skada and #snowman series which culminated in the book Alternative War.
Between 2004 and 2014 I served as a police officer with the Derbyshire Constabulary and Metropolitan Police Service in the United Kingdom. I retired in 2014 after giving evidence in a parliamentary inquiry.
In 2013 I acted as a whistleblower in the course of my duties, giving evidence to the House of Commons Public Administration Select Committee on the manipulation of crime figures by the police. The final report of the committee said of me: “We are indebted to PC Patrick for his courage in speaking out, in fulfilment of his duty to the highest standards of public service, despite intense pressures to the contrary.” I have also acted as a freelance specialist consultant on crime data analysis with an NGO in Mexico.
I am now a freelance journalist and member of the National Union of Journalists. My primary publication platform is Byline, an independent news website based in the United Kingdom. This is a non-partisan publication which holds no editorial input or sway over my work. I am also signed up to the Impress regulations. My funding comes direct from the public and is unaffiliated to advertising of any kind.
I work with a lot of OSINT (Open Source Intelligence) material and periodically links to source material / attributions are unintentionally missed. If you pick up on something, please do get in touch and it will get updated ASAP - articles are subject to continued review but without admin staff this means it can only be done as is reasonably practicable.