Brexit, Trump, Russia: The Whole Story
Welcome to the online index for J.J. Patrick's work at Byline Media and Alternative War, a book by J.J. Patrick, published by Cynefin Road in conjunction with Byline Media, in the public interest in 2017. This is an organic index and is constantly evolving.*
1. The Swedish For Damage - 13th April 2017
In Early 2017 President Trump made claims of terror in Sweden. This investigation found the truth.
2. The Crowning Moment Of The Human Race - 14th April 2017
Investigating the truth about criminality in Sweden, I met with Nils Karlsson, Deputy Mayor of Malmö
3. Crime, Implicit Bias, And The New Underclass - 17th April 2017
An intricate interview with respected Swedish criminologist Manne Gerell on crime and immigration.
4. Integrating Civility And Radicalisation - 19th April 2017
Investigating the truth about crime and immigration in Sweden revealed a balance in society.
5. Fear and Loathing In Rosengård - 24th April 2017
Investigating crime and immigration in Sweden, I headed to Rosengård to find out for myself.
6. Leave.EU Faces Inquiry Over Cambridge Analytica - 26th April 2017
Documents reveal the details of the Electoral Commission investigation into Leave.EU
7. Life Carries On, We Are Sweden - 27th April 2017
During the course of my investigations in Sweden, I spent time talking to people across Malmö.
8. Data Laundering: The New Chemical Warfare - 28th April 2017
Data is now the single most valuable commodity in the world and it is being used as a weapon.
9. The Snowman’s Shadow - 2nd May 2017
Right-wing parties are working together globally and this international network is linked to Russia.
10. The Big Data Wash - 3rd May 2017
Behind a labyrinthine network of data companies sits the connection between Trump, UKIP, and Russia.
11. Cambridge Analytica Responds To This Investigation - 4th May 2017
Cambridge Analytica has responded to this investigation with a request for clarifications.
12. The Other Snowman - 5th May 2017
Marine Le Pen's financial links and open investigations reveal the scale of Russia's EU operations.
13. The Changing Face of Terror - 5th May 2017
Has someone else taken an active role in terror attacks in the democracies being targeted?
14. Lesotho: Leave.EU’s Diamond In The Rough - 9th May 2017
Within Leave.EU's business network sits a plain looking diamond. Lesotho faces elections in June.
15. Trump, Russia, Brexit? No Comment - 11th May 2017
Asked about the most important issues facing Britain since World War II, PM May has nothing to say.
16. Alfa Males: Russia Ties Deepen - 12th May 2017
The complex web of Trump and Brexit ties to Russia deepen.
17. Trump And Putin: The World To Ransom - 15th May 2017
Putin and Trump have spear-phished democracy but their Ransomware can’t be fixed by a software patch.
18. Truth And Spies - 17th May 2017
Trump's seedy relationship with Russia takes a darker turn, leaking classified intelligence to spies
19. North Korea Cyber Attack Claims Unproven - 18th May 2017
Computer specialists tracking Russian state hackers say North Korea link not unique and unproven.
20. Western Countries Hold Summit On Russian Subversion - 18th May 2017
The West comes together in Prague to address the very real Russian threat to democracy
21. From Hybrid Threat To Alternative War - 18th May 2017
The investigation concludes with the shocking finding World War Three has already started.
22. Evidence Of Russian Hybrid Threat Sent To NATO, UK and EU Parliaments and FBI - 19th May 2017
23. Russian Hybrid Threat Full Statement Released - 19th May 2017
Full statement on Russian Hybrid Threat sent to authorities released in public interest.
24. US Intelligence Confirms Russian Government Hacking - 22nd May 2017
A broadly overlooked intelligence report by US Intelligence Agencies confirms Russian subversion.
25. Russia: Declassified And Dangerous - 23rd May 2017
Declassified Report By US Intelligence Agencies concludes Putin ordered hybrid offensive on the West
26. Leaking Submarines: Trump Risks Nuclear Boats - 25th May 2017
Trump leaked the deployments of two US nuclear submarines risking maritime operations and personnel.
27. EU - Commission Debates Future Of European Defence - 25th May 2017
European Commission holds a debate on the future of European defence and faces up to hybrid threats.
28. Russia: Chess On The World's Board - 31st May 2017
To know Russia, you have to think like a criminal. If I were Putin, my game would be this
29. Alternative War: Beyond The Front Line - 5th June 2017
Interview with Ukrainian writer Steve Komarnyckyj: Independent journalism is the front line.
30. No Russia Connections - 5th June 2017
As Nigel Farage declares he has no Russian connections in response to the FBI, the CIA helps clarify
31. Election Special: Gaming The System - 7th June 2017
In a General Election 2017 special, an extract from the forthcoming Alternative War book goes dark.
32. EU To Establish European Public Prosecutor's Office - 8th June 2017
Commission welcomes decision of 20 Member States to establish European Public Prosecutor's Office.
33. "No Doubt" Russian Interfered In US Election - 9th June 2017
Former FBI Director, James Comey, Confirms The Russian Government Were Behind Election Interference.
34. The DUP And Brexit's Bad Boys: Even More Questions - 12th June 2017
As a dark cloud gathers over May's partnership with the DUP, Leave.EU raises even more questions.
35. EU Reports UKIP Election Fraud - A Reminder - 12th June 2017
Within the #Snowman investigation is a vast amount of material, here's a reminder on UKIP's fraud.
36. EU On Migration: Commission Calls On All Parties To Sustain Progress - 13th June 2017
Commission reports on measures under the European Agenda on Migration to better manage EU borders.
37. Russia Deliberately Chose Confrontation With EU and US - 13th June 2017
Russia deliberately targeted Europe and US, discrediting NATO and cutting the transatlantic link.
38. The Underground Propaganda Machine - 14th June 2017
Cyber experts expose the worldwide underground market helping spread fake news, for whoever has cash
39. EU Announces €143 Million Crisis Support For North East Nigeria - 15th June 2017
European Commission announces €143 million support for Borno State's worsening humanitarian crisis.
40. North Korea Cyber Attack Claims Remain In Doubt - 16th June 2017
BBC broadcasts report claiming North Korea responsible for world cyber attack, evidence dubious.
41. EU Tackles Money Laundering, Tax Avoidance And Terrorism Financing - 27th June 2017
Strengthened EU rules to tackle money laundering, tax avoidance and terrorism financing enter into force
42. Russian Cyber Attack Targets Ukraine And Spreads Worldwide - 28th June 2017
Latest Russian cyber attack originated from a targeted Ukraine operation and spread across the world
43. Inside Russian Cyber Espionage - 29th June 2017
Security experts expose the depth of Russian intelligence operations and how they hacked democracy.
44. EU accelerates measures to prevent radicalisation and the cyber threat - 29th June 2017
Commission presents the 8th report on Security Union, calling for an acceleration on security of EU.
45. FNN: The Fake News Network of Gab.ai - 7th July 2017
An antisocial media network exists, in which nuclear holocaust is desirable and news deplorable…
46. Rees-Mogg: A Familiar Story - 18th July 2017
Jacob Rees-Mogg is emerging as the new face of Russian political interference in the UK.
47. The Power of Information - An Apology - 20th July 2017
After months of speculation and investigation, what is the power of data? Well, it's limitless.
48. EU: €46 million to support migration management in Libya - 28th July 2017
EU Fund for Africa adopts €46 million programme to integrate border management in Libya
49. Trump, Russia, and Brexit Exposed In New Book - 3rd August 2017
50. Extract From Alternative War - 10th August 2017
51. Alternative War - 18th August 2017
The most comprehensive book to date on Russia's war on the West.
52. The Army Of Elves Countering Russia's Alternative War - 25th September 2017
We are not alone: a Lithuanian resistance is fighting back against Russia's hybrid offensive.
53. After Germany: One month on from Alternative War - 25th September 2017
As Germany stands shocked over the AfD entering the Bundestag, Russia confirms its predictability.
54. Russian Linked Leave.EU Figures Targeting Elections Worldwide - 26th September 2017
An Election PR Firm, Leave.EU, and Russia: disruptive forces aim their weapons at global influence
55. Russia Mobilises Forces Around Suspicious Ammo Depot Explosions - 27th September 2017
Ukraine believes one of world's largest stockpiles of defensive missiles was blown up by saboteurs
56. Deny and Leak: Stone and Leave.EU Downplay Russia Ties - 27th September 2017
Roger Stone and Leave.EU are the latest to follow the pattern of Russia denial as inquiry heats up.
57. Security Union: EU steps up efforts to tackle illegal content online - 29th September 2017
European Commission presents guidelines tackling the incitement of hatred and online extremism
58. EU Under Fire: The Catalan Bear Trap - 2nd October 2017
Beyond the politics and clashes Catalonia has proven the perfect scab to pick leaving the EU trapped
59. Expect Cyber Attacks And Misdirection: Russia Enhances North Korean Internet Access - 3rd October 2017
Russia has brought online a new North Korean internet connection to hide its own cyber attacks
60. US Senate Russia Probe Confirms Alternative War - 5th October 2017
Senators leading the United States probe into Russia's attack on democracy confirm Russian offensive
61. DisinfoSec: The Briefing on Disinformation and Developments - 10th October 2017
The critical briefing you need on disinformation and global developments.
62. Special Investigation: Human Malware and Digital Resistance 8th October - 11th November 2017
63. GCHQ: The State-Sanctioned Big Data Giveaway - 18th October 2017
Security Services in court defending illegal sharing of huge datasets with unsafe third parties.
64. Qatar: Cambridge Analytica And Trump Working In Russia's Interests - 19th October 2017
Documents show controversial data firm supporting Russian interests alongside Trump in Qatar row.
65. Crime and Lies: How Trump and the Right-wing Media Are Deceiving The Public - 21st October 2017
Trump and the right wing press are lying and I know why: the rise in UK crime is my fault.
66. Julian Assange: The Key To Russia's Disinformation Machine - 23rd October 2017
Thanks to Social Media analysis developments, Assange confirms the deniable arm of Russian disinfo.
67. Don't Use A Pencil: The Key to Brexit's Bots - 25th October 2017
An innocuous sounding conspiracy among leave voters turns out to be the key to the big Leave.EU lie.
68. Playing With Uranium: The Key To Trump's Bots and Propaganda - 26th October 2017
Fake News about Clinton, Obama, and Uranium turns out to be the key to Trump's state-led propaganda
69. Twitter and RT: Another Reason To Question More - 26th October 2017
With Twitter set to give evidence over its part in Russia's hybrid war, it transpires they pitched for business from Kremlin-managed RT and are making money from hosting vast numbers of trolls.
70. https://www.byline.com/column/67/article/1915 - 30th October 2017
The use of bots remains broadly misunderstood but the data points to undeniable tandem pushes of disinformation on both sides of the Atlantic. Both the MAGA and Brexit bots are operating as one in a new kind of laundry, where social engineering and not money is being cleaned in plain sight.
71. The Manafort Indictment - 30th October 2017
Trump Campaign Manager Paul Manafort and his junior partner Rick Gates have been indicted. These are the first charges in the ongoing Mueller inquiry into Russian collusion.
72. Arron Banks Facing Brexit Funding Investigation - 1st November 2017
Arron Banks faces full Electoral Commission investigation over the sources of millions in donations to Brexit campaign groups including Leave.EU
73. Before Paradise: The Tangled Web of Brexit, Trump, and Russia - 5th November 2017
Almost six months ago the tangled web of Russian ties to the White House, the Leave.EU campaign, and the key figures was already being unravelled. With renewed focus on hidden finances through the Paradise Papers, it's worth reminding the world of one harsh lesson: leaks are not the only answer.
74. We Need To Talk About Nigel… - 6th November 2017
Flamboyant politician, media spokesperson, bad boy of Brexit. Kremlin asset. People are waiting for suitcases full of cash but the truth is what the truth is: something which has been staring us in the face for years.
75. We need to talk about Russian money… - 7th November 2017
One denial from Russian television network RT leaves us with even more questions over Russia's state influence on UK politics and a trail of Kremlin money. So far, eight public officials are known to have received £9,000 in Russian state funds and Farage is earning a mystery £60,000.
76. We need to talk about social media... - 10th November 2017
Starting with one single Olgino Troll account, identified by Twitter in the US Senate Russia Inquiry, a detailed analysis and dip samples confirm the Brexit social network is also infested with managed and automated accounts.
77. We need to talk about Patriots… - 11th November 2017
Following the threads of investigation which led from using pens in the brexit referendum to the St Petersburg troll farm of Russia's Internet Research Agency, the picture of disinformation being used in social media - affecting both the UK and US - exposes the abuse of patriotism as a weapon.
78. We need to talk about identifying trolls.... - 12th November 2017
There is no silver bullet for the identification of troll accounts on social media. In fact, the process of identifying them and making a decision about what they are is a hugely complex matter. This is a problem, because we aren't just dealing with automated bots, as this case study explains...
79. Brexit: The Russian Job - 15th November 2017
What is the true extent of Russia's interference in Brexit through social media and did it have any impact? Byline has been at the forefront of the Brexit/Russia investigation and, as the world catches up, we can exclusively reveal Brexit as you've never seen it before.
80. Hybrid Threats, Russia, And An Attack On The West - 22nd November 2017
I didn’t know any of this in 2016. Like everyone else, I thought the world had simply fallen victim to a deceitful bus and some idiotic, gun-toting rednecks. I was wrong, I’m not ashamed to admit. We all were.
81. Cambridge Analytica: Same Big Data, New Russia Ties - 30th November 2017
Controversial big data firm Cambridge Analytica, who target populations worldwide for political and military organisations, face requests for more information and communications as part of US Senate Inquiries into Russian support of Trump's campaign. New names identified provide yet more Russia ties
82. Brexit Mess: The Just "Dessert" Of A Flawed System - 10th December 2017
An end of year review of the Leave affiliated group figures published by the Electoral Commission gives rise to a new understanding of co-operation between Anti-EU campaigns and exposes a critical flaw in the Working Together rules which applied during the Brexit Referendum - a sticky Brexit pudding
83. Reality Check: Russia Is At War With The UK - 3rd January 2018
After a year screaming into the wind, the end of 2017 saw the true state of Russia's threat to the United Kingdom acknowledged for the first time by the security services. And nobody batted an eyelid. Entering the new year, the world has passed the tipping point and the dead kitten bounce awaits.
84. Assange: Fake News Embodied - 4th January 2018
Suspected rapist Julian Assange, a deliberately deceitful, disingenuous individual on the run under diplomatic protection in Ecuador's London embassy, breaks from Russian hacking operations and Kremlin-led disinformation campaigning to attack journalists while defending Russia's White House asset.
85. The_network: Global Trolls Were Active On Reddit During Brexit - 8th January 2018
New research exposes co-ordinated troll and bot activity on Reddit which shows disinformation efforts specifically targeted both Trump and Brexit votes, as well as other European elections.
86. US Senate Confirms Putin's Alternative War - 10th January 2018
The US Senate's Committee on Foreign Relations published an explosive report on January 10 2018, entitled: “PUTIN’S ASYMMETRIC ASSAULT ON DEMOCRACY IN RUSSIA AND EUROPE: IMPLICATIONS FOR U.S. NATIONAL SECURITY.” The extensive document confirms Russian involvement in the US, EU, and the UK's Brexit
87. Ireland An Obvious Target For Russian Operations - 15th January 2018
As Sweden declares its election is already being hacked and launches a new public agency to counter Russian interference, we have been monitoring intelligence and identified Ireland is a clear target with operations already underway. Sadly, it isn't even on the radar of beleagured security services.
88. Translation As A Hybrid Weapon: A View From Ukraine - 24th January 2018
A ban on a Russian translation of British historian Anthony Beevor's book "Stalingrad" was announced on the 10 January by a Ukrainian government body. However, the Russian book which has been subject to the ban was published in Moscow and is "significantly different" to the original text.
89. We All Fall Down: Dispatches From The Front Line Of A Hybrid War - 29th January 2018
A new type of virus has swept across the West. Malware for the human mind powered by the social engineering equivalent of money laundering. A plague is upon us and the symptoms are clearer than ever but, without a cure in sight and to our continued detriment, a nursery rhyme mentality prevails
90. Assange: Latest Appeal Failed, Remains Wanted - 7th February 2018
London Court rules that Assange is to remain wanted for Bail offences in the UK, liable to arrest, and his case was not persuasive.
91. UK Fake News Inquiry Joins Forces With US Russia Probe - 9th February 2018
The UK's Fake News Inquiry, chaired by MP Damian Collins, has travelled to Washington to interview Social Media giants about Russian influence on Brexit. Britain is at the start of what will be a painful process but Collins has teamed up with Senator Mark Warner to fight the attacks on democracy.
92. Russia More Influential Than Leave Campaigns During Brexit - 12th February 2018
New analysis by 89up.org confirms the scale of Russian media influence during Brexit vote dwarfed the main Vote Leave and Leave.EU campaigns, driving anti-EU propaganda, disinformation and fake news to influence voters. The Kremlin campaign peaked on the 23rd of June 2016 as British cast ballots.
93. Kremlin Social Network Backing Jacob Rees-Mogg - 13th February 2018
Analysis of social media traffic between January and February 2018 shows support for Jacob Rees-Mogg is coming from known Kremlin networks.
*This is an extensive body of public interest work and, where practicable, source references are made within the text. An additional source index is being produced for the whole body of work and will be published in due course - alongside a third edition of the book, Alternative War due in 2018. This may take some time due to the size of the body of the work but will be completed as soon as practicable and the public interest remains a priority in the continued publication. Should you find a source reference which needs to be added, please contact us as it will help expedite the process.
Alternative War Additional Material (Non-Exhaustive):
Russian military intervention in Ukraine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_military_intervention_in_Ukraine_(2014%E2%80%93present)
Da’esh as a Hybrid Threat to European Security: http://www.cbrneportal.com/daesh-as-a-hybrid-threat-to-european-security-the-cbrne-dimension/#
Czech president sparks outrage with comments about journalists: http://www.radio.cz/en/section/curraffrs/czech-president-sparks-outrage-with-comments-about-journalists
Russia spread fake news during Dutch election: https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-spread-fake-news-during-dutch-election-report-putin/
Spread of Fake News Provokes Anxiety in Italy: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/world/europe/italy-fake-news.html?referer=https://www.google.es/
George Osborne met Russian billionaire five times: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/3236094/George-Osborne-met-Russian-billionaire-five-times.html